Covering the earth’s surface for approximately 71%, the ocean promises a better future to live by ocean development through the exploitation, preservation, and regeneration of the marine environment. Several sectors are included in ocean development from the conventional part (aquaculture, fisheries, tourism, maritime transport) to the more emergent space (marine renewable energy, blue carbon services, seabed mining, and bioprospecting). However, those marine resources and ocean services are facing challenges such as inadequate care for marine resources and ecosystem services of the ocean which has been decreasing and degrading the ocean resources rapidly. Therefore, the based research insight from researchers and academicians will be very helpful to maintain the sustainability of ocean development.
International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research (ICMR) is an annual event which has been jointly organized by the School of Distance Education (SDE), Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), in Pulau Pinang, Malaysia, Universitas Islam Sumatera Utara (UISU), in Medan, Indonesia, Universitas Syiah Kuala (USK), In Banda Aceh, Indonesia, Universitas Hasanuddin (UNHAS), in Makassar, Indonesia, and Tan Trao University in Tuyen Quang, Vietnam.
The International Conference on Multidisciplinary Research (ICMR) will be a platform for an academician to share their findings and provide insight to explore current discoveries and technologies. Sharing of research findings can be channeled into discoveries for improving a sustainable environment.
The 10th ICMR strives for an opportunity in conjunction with The 2nd International and National Symposium on Aquatic Environment and Fisheries (INSAEF) as the Theme for this conference is “A Multidisciplinary Approach Toward a Sustainable Eco-Blue Industries 4.0”. INSAEF has been an excellent conference platform for communicating the issues of the aquatic environment and fisheries.
These conferences will serve as a great opportunity to present the latest issues, finding and the most important is to communicate science to a wider audience around the world. Therefore, we invite researchers, academia, practitioners, managers, and student to submit their extended abstract to The 10th ICMR x The 2nd INSAEF 2021.
The scope of The 10th ICMR x The 2nd INSAEF 2021 are expected to cover the following topics (but are not limited):
- Studies on earth system science;
- Recent advancement in technologies of marine explorations;
- The marine environmental change relates to the tectonics activities;
- Recent development in marine-based energy production;
- Architecture, Urban and Rural planning for the coastal region;
- Economic, business, and management on sustainable marine industries and coastal developments;
- Education, law, art, and history on the marine industries and coastal region development;
- Science, technologies, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and the ocean;
- Civil and structural engineering development of marine and coastal related infrastructure;
- Electrical, computer engineering, computer science, and information system related to the recent development in marine industries;
- Studies of local interest and importance to the region;
- Studies on regional marine biodiversity and fisheries resources;
- Aquatic productivity on freshwater, estuarine and marine ecosystem;
- Biology and ecology of freshwater and marine fishes;
- Biology and ecology of aquatic megafauna;
- Regional strategies and action plans for conservation of marine biodiversity and sustainable development;
- Marine resources management including sustainable fisheries management and the selection and operation of marine protected areas;
- Strategies/impacts of wastewater effluent disposal and contaminated mud disposal;
- Economic and social impacts of marine pollution and/or coastal development to the region;
- Freshwater and brackish water aquaculture management and technology;
- Technological exploration for the mariculture industry;
- Ecosystem-based aquaculture and capture fisheries industry;
- Exploration of the potential use of aquatic biological resources;
- Aquatic products safety (microbiology and biochemistry);
- Processing of aquatic resources for food and non-food products.
|Abstract submission||= |
|Abstract acceptance||= 15 August 2021|
|Full paper submission||= |
|Early-bird registration||= 7 September 2021|
|Full paper acceptance||= |
|Conference||= 27 September 2021|